NSI designs and develops high quality keyboards which are dust- and waterproof, sealing up to IP67.
Industrial keyboards are designed for operation in harsh conditions. They must be protected against water, dust, dirt, oil and chemicals They are common in HMI (Human Machine Interface) terminals, consoles, kiosks, medical carts and mobile devices. They can be cleaned with industrial cleaners and chemicals. Another feature of industrial keyboards is that they are designed to be perfectly integrated into your work environment.
NSI has an extended standard keyboard range and can also offer flexible custom solution.
General features NSI keyboards
- Dedicated high quality keyboards
- Dust- and water sealed
- IP65 and IP67 keyboards
- Large standard product range
- Specialist in backlit solutions
- Technical knowledgde and support
- Maintenance free products
See our keyboards for your industry
- General processing industrie
- Marine keyboards
- Military keyboards
- Food processing keyboards
- Keyboards for machinebuilding
- Mobile keyboards (vehicles, agriculture, construction)
....and all environments where a high quality keyboard is needed.
How to choose your industrial keyboard ?
Your choice depends on your application and can be based on :
- Number of keys. Determine if you need numbers, letters, function keys (F1, F2) etc. Most of our standard keyboard with full layout have 105 or 106 keys, but there are multiple configurations available with a variable number of keys.
- Integrated pointing device (or not). We can provide a trackball, touchpad or mousebutton as a standard solution.
- Desktop or panel mount format : Desktop keyboards have an enclosure and are stand alone units. Panel mount keyboards or built-in keyboards for easy integration into a panel or equipment.
- Backlighting (or not) for use in low-light environments.
- Protection standards : a good industrial keyboard must meet safety standards. We can offer an IP rating up to IP65 and IP67 sealing.
- Keyboard technology : Standardly we can offer short travel membrane keyboards, rugged full travel mechanical keyboards and silicon rubber keyboards.
- Special industry requirements : IEC60945 marine certifications and MIL standard certifications
- Connectivity : USB or PS/2. Alternatively we can offer custom outputs.
Some FAQ's on industrial keyboards :
What’s the difference between using rubber overlay or a flat folio, like short travel ?
It all depends on the applications. Both technologies have advantages, the rubber overlay is easier to type on because you have more key travel, where the flat overlay is more easy to clean. They are both completely sealed. We offer various technologies and in collaboration with the customer, who knows exactly the application, we can make the right choice of switch technology.
Do you got an any USB hub with extra power ?
In most of our keyboards there is a hub integrated. This is a non powered hub to control keyboard, trackball, and sometimes an external USB so that customers can plug in another device.
What about drivers for different Operating systems e.g. Linux, Win10 or Android?
We do not supply any drivers, we have the standard USB devices which should work with these operating systems. Our firmware is completely controlled in-house. So if a communication problem should occur, our engineers can solve this.
Our range of industral keyboards :
Keyboard with robust steel, stainless steel or high impact polystyrene enclosure
Dimmable high brightness LED's . Low power LED's warrant for a long life
IP67 sealed keyboard solutions
Large range of standard keyboards integrating a high quality sealed trackball
Integrated touchpad, integrating multi-finger gestures, can be used with gloves
For compact space applications. vehicle mount keyboards, VESA-mount keyboards,...
Choose your industry and see which standard keyboards we can recommend
Customized industrial keyboards
Still haven't found a standard solution ? No probem, NSI is specialised in adapting keyboards to your needs. Please check our custom capabilities.