NSI designs and develops high quality keyboards which are dust- and waterproof, sealing up to IP67.
Industrial keyboards are designed for operation in harsh conditions. They must be protected against water, dust, dirt, oil and chemicals They are common in HMI (Human Machine Interface) terminals, consoles, kiosks, medical carts and mobile devices. They can be cleaned with industrial cleaners and chemicals. Another feature of industrial keyboards is that they are designed to be perfectly integrated into your work environment.
NSI has an extended standard keyboard range and can also offer flexible custom solution.
General features NSI keyboards
- Dedicated high quality keyboards
- Dust- and water sealed
- IP65 and IP67 keyboards
- Large standard product range
- Specialist in backlit solutions
- Technical knowledgde and support
- Maintenance free products
How to choose your industrial keyboard ?
Your choice of keyboard depends on your application and can be based on :
- Number of keys. Determine if you need numbers, letters, function keys (F1, F2) etc. Most of our standard keyboard with full layout have 105 or 106 keys, but there are multiple configurations available with a variable number of keys.
- Integrated pointing device (or not). We can provide a trackball, touchpad or mousebutton as a standard solution.
- Desktop or panel mount format : Desktop keyboards have an enclosure and are stand alone units. Panel mount keyboards or built-in keyboards for easy integration into a panel or equipment.
- Backlighting (or not) for use in low-light environments.
- Protection standards : a good industrial keyboard must meet safety standards. We can offer an IP rating up to IP65 and IP67 sealing.
- Keyboard technology : Standardly we can offer short travel membrane keyboards, rugged full travel mechanical keyboards and silicon rubber keyboards.
- Special industry requirements : IEC60945 marine certifications and MIL standard certifications
- Connectivity : USB or PS/2. Alternatively we can offer custom outputs.
An overview of the standard possibilties :
Keyboard with robust steel, stainless steel or high impact polystyrene enclosure
Dimmable high brightness LED's . Low power LED's warrant for a long life
IP67 sealed keyboard solutions
Large range of standard keyboards integrating a high quality sealed trackball
Integrated touchpad, integrating multi-finger gestures, can be used with gloves
For compact space applications. vehicle mount keyboards, VESA-mount keyboards,...
Choose your industry and see which standard keyboards we can recommend