This is the Data Protection Policy for NSI bvba. During normal business activities, NSI collects, stores and processes a variety of types of personal information. NSI recognises the need to treat such information in a secure and lawful manner.
NSI is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations, to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data of its employees, customers and clients, and to meeting its data protection obligations. This policy sets out NSI's commitment to data protection, and individual rights and obligations in relation to personal data.
This policy applies to all cases where NSI processes a data subject’s personal data either in electronic form or where it is held in manual files that are structured in a way that allows ready access to information about individuals. It applies to the personal data of customers, job applicants, employees and other personal data processed for business purposes.
We do not trade personal information for commercial purposes. We will only disclose personal information for marketing purposes if:
- required or authorised by law
- necessary to arrange attendance at an event or marketing
- we have your consent, for example if you have agreed to provide us with a reference.
We do not intend to transfer any personal information used or stored for marketing processes outside of the EU.
Information you give us
If you email us through the Website you will be asked for your name and email address so that we can respond to your enquiry.
- If you sign up to receive any newsletters then we will require your name and email address.
- If you have given a business card with your name and contact details.
Information we store automatically.
Like many websites, we obtain certain information when your web browser accesses the Website.
We may obtain this information using a third party. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing
actions and patterns. This data may identify organisations accessing our Website but we do not use
it to identify any individual.
For example, we collect:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other access device to the Internet;
- aggregate computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; and
- URL click stream information showing how users have reached our Website and whether they access other sites via any external links.
We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including response times, download errors, length of visits and page interaction information.
We may monitor and record telephone calls, and keep a record of them for quality control,
training, and administration purposes.
How we use your information
We may use your personal data and organisation data to :
- respond to any email enquiries and complaints we receive from you;
- administer any service you have asked us to provide;
- monitor data traffic and any patterns of use;
- track the success of our marketing activity;
- ensure the content of the Website and Website Services is fit for the purpose for which it was set up and to develop the experience of its users; monitor compliance with and enforce our Website terms and conditions or our data licensing terms;
- if you have consented, to enable selected third parties to contact you.
Sharing your information
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and we share your personal data with other organisations only as described below:
- NSI may share information internally;
- We will provide your personal data to third party suppliers to the extent that they need the data to perform their functions and for no other purpose.
- If you have expressly given us permission, we may share your information with third party organisations so they may contact you directly for the purposes to which you have consented (for example, where you have opted in to receive third party marketing information).
Retaining your information and unsubscribing
If you do not want us to retain any of your data, please let us know by post or by email using the
contact details at the end of this policy.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletters and emails by the following methods:
- using the ‘unsubscribe’ button displayed on our emails; or
- by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org us to unsubscribe you; or by writing to NSI bvba, Haakstraat 1A, 3740 Bilzen
We will store your personal data for no longer than necessary to the relevant service. We will usually retain your personal data for a reasonable period to allow us to respond to any follow-up enquiries or complaints, or for as long as you remain a registered user of the Website or Website Services.
We aim to keep the information which is stored automatically when you access the Website (as set out above) for no longer than a year.
NSI takes the security of personal data seriously. It will adopt physical, technical, and organisational measures to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties
If we process your personal data, you have a number of rights. You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you (and request that that data be provided in a portable format) and you may object to our processing of it (including by way of direct marketing) or ask us to rectify it, restrict the way in which we process it or erase it from our records.
Where we use or store personal information relating to you, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed personal information relating to you is being used or stored (which is what this privacy notice is for)
- the right to access personal information relating to you which we use or hold
- the right to object to direct marketing (either by using the unsubscribe button or clicking here)
- the right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests
- the right to erasure of information relating to you that we use or hold (only in some circumstances)
- the right of data portability
- the right to have your data rectified if its inaccurate
- the right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing.
Please be aware that these rights are not always absolute and there may be some situations in which you cannot exercise them or they are not relevant.
If you have any cause for concern about our handling of personal information, please contact us using the details below.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns about our handling of personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please read this notice carefully and contact us if you have any queries by emailing us at: email@example.com
Or by writing to:
The Data Controller
+32 89 51 90 00
This privacy notice may change from time to time so we recommend that you review it periodically. This version of the privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.